Do You Remember When....

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When phone conversations were filled with life and with experience.

When I listened to everything you said without multitasking.

When I prompted meetings in cafes or over dinner.

When I began to create friendships in person...

When there was no internet that disconnected us.

When phone calls were clear because of a wall connection.

When hearing and listening were more important.

When sharing life was superior.

I remember when there was no pressure to imitate someone else.

I remember when breakfast was not on the run, but at the table.

I remember when the commute was a long walk through trees and nature.

I remember when being single was preferable and ok.

I remember when I lived alone. It was amazing.

I remember when working was exciting and fulfilling.

I remember when volunteering was about the people you serve and not about the administration.

I remember when I was appreciated.

I remember when compliments were genuine.

I remember when family was close.

Do you miss friendships that did not have conditions?

Do you want to walk along the beach and inhale the soft breeze of freedom?

Do you long for a time where people are genuinely and indiscriminately considerate?

Do you want your family back in your life?

Do you need to seek out others to fulfill your happiness?

Do you yearn for a time when people can just say how they feel?

Do you consult yourself before consulting others?

Do you rely on and ask God for all that you need?

Do you stop to feel the sunshine on your face or watch the rain as it falls from the sky?

Do you love unconditionally? (you should)

Do you remember when...?
_

0 comments: